Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday Fiver 6.15.07

So, I’m making a baby blanket for a friend (she doesn’t know it yet) who is having her first girl. She’s had three boys already. I found a pattern to use, and yet I don’t want it to be as big as the pattern calls for. Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t like the idea of huge blankets for newborns. (I know, if I were to make it bigger it would grow with the baby, but still.) If I can get it finished sooner, rather than later, a large but not so huge blanket will be perfect. (Or so I guess, never having had a baby myself.)

So anyway, I was swatching for the blanket so I’d know how many repeats to do. I had help.

Baby Blanket Swatch 1


Friday Fiver: Trying to fit a rectangle into a ball.

1. When do you doubt yourself?
Not often. But sometimes when I try something new, or something that I used to be good at but haven’t done in a while. (Like playing the piano.)

2. Who do you owe an apology?Can’t think of anyone. That’s one thing I try not to owe people - if I need to apologize, I do so.

3. When is the last time you felt embarrassed? I dunno. I know I have been, but I don’t like to think about it.

4. What do you ignore? Hah! Lots of things. Chores, mostly.

5. Do you love yourself? Yup.



Baby Blanket Swatch 2
My, Suzy, what big teeth you have!