Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Kraft Knews

Don’t you wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence? There’s one marked ‘Brightness,’ but it doesn’t work.
- Gallagher

~*~

I did some spinning last night. I’ve been slowly re-working the pencil roving I had spun up. The first time I spun it, I decided to try making it into singles. Then I looked at it, and decided that the way I had spun the singles they wouldn’t be strong enough to knit into what I wanted to use it for. So, I have been re-spinning it thinner and then making it a 2-ply yarn. It’s much better this way.

But anyway, I’ve been spinning. And I’ve been getting help from the fuzzy ones. Suzy likes the roving, and wants to help me separate out the different strands. (And then she gets preoccupied and tries to eat it instead.) And Peekaboo decided that he wants to make sure the wheel works properly.

Inspector Peekaboo

Now, let me see… just adjust this knob here, add a little more twist, and increase the cat hair content of the yarn, and it looks great. –Peekaboo

Inspector Peekaboo 2

Lovely little helpers, aren’t they? :)

In more crafty news, I have decided that size 2.0 mm (US 0) needles are smaller than I want to use for the Hot Cocoa socks, and so I am waiting for the size 2.25 (US 1) needles to arrive in the mail. And I am waiting for the 24″ circular needle cable to arrive before I go any further with the Lotus Blossom top. (I’ve done a gauge swatch, and while I didn’t get the gauge suggested I think I have figured out what size to knit that will fit with the gauge I actually knit.) And I am still knitting the Mangotini Socks and the Mystery Stole 3 (aka Swan Lake Stole). I actually would like very much to get the MS3 finished by the holidays. Which means I must KNIT LIKE THE WIND! Yeah. Right. Like that happens a lot around here.

That’s the problem with knitting to relax. When you come up against deadlines, you decide, “I can knit that in time!” and then you realize that in order to knit said item in time for said deadline, you will have to knit fast enough that it no longer is relaxing. Argh.

QC Peekaboo

I’m sorry, but you have a consistency problem with this yarn. Quality Control can’t approve it. –Peekaboo