Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Knit, Interrupted

I took a short break from knitting last weekend.

G'ma 80th Doily 1

This is what I did instead. I crocheted. This coming weekend marks the 80th birthday of my grandma, and since she helped me get obsessed with textile crafts, I made her a doily.

G'ma 80th Doily 2

It’s currently blocking on my cork board. (I like blocking small things. They fit nicely on my board. I am rather concerned about blocking Icarus, however, as I know it will NOT fit. I doubt it will even fit on my bed. I try not to think about these things too much, as I don’t like knit-induced-panic.)

This is a close-up of the medallion in the middle…

G'ma 80th Doily 3

It’s done in a fun off-white thread with gold sparklies. Sparklies make everything neater, in my (usual) opinion. Sparklies are cool. Besides, what better way to celebrate an 80th birthday than with a bit of bling?