Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Playing with Balls

Guess what I did at work yesterday?

This:

Rubber Band Ball

I made a ball out of rubber bands. I don’t know why.

Well, I take that back. I do know why - my CEO wanted a rubber-band ball. But I don’t know why he wants one. I’ll find out tomorrow at the company-wide meeting, so I guess I’ll just have to be patient.

Now, I was going to title this post something to do with my new sock-knitting project, but ah well. Here, however, is a picture of the sock-in-question:

Blood Diamond Socks 01

Isn’t it cool? I’m calling them the Blood Diamond socks, because the pattern is Diamante and, well, they’re RED. These pictures are a pretty good representation of the color, too. Very vibrant. Very fun and nice. I am loving these socks.

I’m enjoying the pattern, which is a toe-up with heel-flap. And the design part on the leg and instep are nice, too. It looks like it will be comfortable to wear, though it’s hard to say since it’s not quite to a wearing stage yet. Here’s the current progress:

Blood Diamond Socks 02

The heel’s almost turned. I can do enough trying on to determine that it will fit, but not quite enough to determine how well. We’ll have to wait and see.

You know, Wendy said that with socks she can step out of her “comfort palette” and buy things that she wouldn’t buy for sweater yarn. I tend to agree. I wouldn’t knit a sweater in these colors (though my mom is right - I probably should. They’d look good on me) but for sock yarn? Heck yeah!