Monday, July 16, 2007

Batteries Not Included



I am tired. Every time I think I am catching up from theatre-induced lack of sleep, I have another hard night. Ah well. We close this coming weekend, and then (in theory) I will manage to catch up.

In other news, however, once we leave River City, we get to start thinking about heading over to Skid Row. I am greatly looking forward to that one. The music is so addictive! The part that probably fills me with the most anticipation (and dread) is, of course, Audrey II.

But that does mean another period of no sleep. Ah well. The things we do for art.

I do have knitting pictures, but will be splitting them up so that I can be assured of having pictures for you tomorrow as well. Today we will focus on a top I knit a couple of years ago. It's from the Filatura Di Crosa spring/summer 03 booklet, but I forget the name of the top and the name of the yarn and all the pertinent details. I just know that I knit one for me and one for my sister is a bit smaller size.

Denim Top 2

Now, do note that for normal wear it doesn't ride quite as high. This is what it looks like when I'm reaching us to - say - hold a camera. I love this top, though it does still smell a bit like silk. Now, normally this is a good thing, but it's sometimes annoying as well. The funny thing is I'm not sure there actually is silk in the yarn (as I don't remember the specs of the yarn) but it does smell that way to me.

(Side note - this top is usually a good thing to wear if you want to get male attention. I have found several copies of the pattern booklet for sale on the internet while I was trying to figure out what the pattern name was. No luck with the pattern details online - so I guess I'll have to find out where I put the booklet during the last move.)

Anyway, I'm tired, so I'm going to go try to find a way to keep awake. Hmmm - I skipped my tea this morning. Maybe I'll have it this afternoon instead? Cheers.