Friday, July 13, 2007

Gone Fishing

Have any of you ever played the silly Mac game "Gone Fishing"? It's actually a promotional thing from Macromedia, but it's one of the most fun things I've played. Addictive! Basically, you start out as a small fish and you swim around eating slightly smaller fish than you are. And you get bigger, and have to avoid a mean nasty ... was it a shark? A piranha? I forget. But it was SOOO fun! And it didn't work on my most recent Mac, and then I bought a PC and now I can't play it.

Why do I ask? Because today's Friday Fiver reminded me of it.

Friday Fiver - 7.13.07 - Here Fishy Fishy

1. Have you ever gone fishing?
Nope. I don't think I could bring myself to do it.

2. Do you have an aquarium?
Not at the moment, but I have in the past. I would like to again in the future, but I'm not sure abut the cleaning and maintenance part.

3. Do you eat fish?
Yes. Fish is yummy. Especially salmon.

4. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
Yes. And don't let Nemo hear me say that fish is yummy.

5. What do you think of Sushi?
It's okay. Some is good, some is less good. (Some is icky, but we won't go there.)

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

About the knitting, there has been work on it. There are no pictures at the moment, but there has been work. I have 11.5-12 inches knit on the baby blanket. I have caught back up to where I was on the Mystery Stole, and gone a few rows beyond that. (I'm still on Clue #1, and Clue #3 has now been posted, but I have gone further than I had before I had to frog it so I'm happy.) There has been no progress on Icarus or the Monkey socks since my last update, but there will be work on the socks soon (I hope). Icarus... poor Icarus will have to wait again, this time until I'm not so panicked about the baby blanket. Every time I see the mom I start to freak out... that baby is getting ready, man. And the blanket it nowhere near as close.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

And just to be silly while keeping with the theme of this post, here is a silly picture. I found it in a bakery, snapped a shot on my camera phone, and haven't know what to do with it since. But... well.

Sourdough Shelfish

Sourdough shellfish. Fishy Friday Fiver. Perfect.

Have a great weekend!