Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Baby, It's Warm Outside

I've been trying to work on the blanket for Baby P, but it's hard. Multiple reasons, which I will put in list form to make them look more impressive.

  1. It's hot out to hold a blanket on your lap while knitting.
  2. It's not for me, or for a family member, and I don't see the friend it is for very often.
  3. I suspect I will not get it done before the baby is born. Unless the baby is maybe 3 months late. Or I do nothing but knit (this blanket) for the next two weeks.
  4. The Mystery Stole calls me.
  5. So do the Monkey socks.
  6. And I am supposed to be writing/editing.
  7. Plus I spend lots of time with M.
Okay. That's more than enough. And hey, no one said they were good reasons. But there is progress on the blanket! I will distract you from my pitiful excuses for not knitting the gift project with pictures!

Baby P Blanket 09

Baby P Blanket 10

Look, see! Progress!

Not enough, though. Must work on it more.

Anyway, that's all for now. I have been knitting the monkey socks and the mystery stole as well, but I don't have new pictures of them yet. Besides, the blanket needs some blog love. Maybe then I'll get motivated to finish it.