Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Bleeding Out

So during the D-Land trip, we spent some time shopping on Melrose. I had a blast, and bought a couple of cool shirts. I’ve only worn one of them so far, and when I went to wash it last weekend, this happened:

Dirty Water

Yuck. I hate improperly set dye. But I love the shirt. Le sigh.

And what I hate almost as much as icky unset dye?

Icarus Hole

Messing up.

I would hate it more, except that means I have to admit to being wrong, and so instead I pretend to laugh at it. Or I pretend that it’s okay, since I caught the mistake while it’s still easily fixable.

But the truth is, I then feel a huge need to go and fix my mistake. Luckily that means that I have gotten good enough at it that I can do it without (usually) creating more mistakes in the process. So this hole - an extra decrease where it didn’t belong - got fixed without making more trouble. See?

Icarus Hole Fixed

Well, I guess you can’t really see. You’ll have to take my word for it. Icarus is mended, and being knit again. Though I don’t have as much time to devote to it as I would like. Ah well. I’ll get it done, one of these days.