Monday, April 23, 2007

Earth Day

Happy Earth Day! It’s a day late, but since I don’t usually post over the weekend, this is the best I can do.

Bee on Flowers

The Tofutsies sock decided that it wanted to be photographed outside for Earth Day, since there is “tofu” in its name. I have turned the heel on it, and tried it on M. (It mostly fits, but is a bit loose around the foot. I think this is largely because the yarn is not as elastic as the wool I’m used to working with.)

Tofutsies Socks 04

The second of the Blood Diamond socks, not to be outdone, decided to pose for an outdoor shot as well. It has not gotten very far yet, but is getting there. (And IT is elastic enough yarn that the fit is forgiving. But it is also warmer yarn, and so is more of a fall/winter sock here in Sunny California, rather than a spring/summer-weight sock like the Tofutsies.)

Blood Diamond Socks 07

However, Earth Day was a fun day. I didn’t really do anything Earth Day related, but I did go for a drive in the hills in a hybrid car with M, so it was nice. We had the windows down to let the spring air in, and just generally enjoyed ourselves.

I hope you all had a great weekend, too!