Friday, April 6, 2007

Good Friday Fiver

Front Yard Flowers 2

Happy Easter, everyone.


~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Friday Fiver: Just like staring at the sun

1. Four years ago — where were you? I was working at the library, living where I am living now, and in a much worse place emotionally. Things have changed for the better, I’d say.

2. What bores you to tears? Having to watch some things (sports, bad comedy, some talent shows, etc.) without being able to knit or crochet. Things that draw enough of my attention that I have trouble working on story plots while watching them, yet not enough of my attention to keep me interested. But give me something to do with my hands (no, not like that! Get your mind out of the gutter!) and I’m happy.

3. Do you have rhythm? ‘Course. Plus, I got music and my man. Who could ask for anything more?

4. Who would you like to see today? M. And - oh! Yay! I get to! Right after work. I can’t wait.

5. Friday fill-in: Always thought that I’d have kids before my sister did . Guess I was wrong about that one. Oh well. This way I get to practice and be sure I really want to to it before I’m stuck.


~*~ ~*~ ~*~


Day Two 2

Oh, come on Mom. Show them some of the pictures of me NOT in my bed. How about the one where I’m playing with the mouse? What do you mean you have to develop the film first?

… What’s film?


~*~ ~*~ ~*~

So one of my readers asked about the yarn I am knitting Icarus with, and I thought I would repost my response to her here so that anyone else with the same question can see the answer without having to dig through the comments. I’m using KnitPicks Shadow in the Oregon Coast colorway. I love it. It’s nice to work with - though I think a silk or alpaca blend would be nicer - and the color is nicely heathered.

I would buy the yarn again. (Even though this particular yarn was a present, and so technically I wouldn’t be buying it *again*, I’d be buying it for the first time.) Good thing, since I also have 2 skeins in the Redwood Forest colorway. I think I like that color better, but since I plan to wear Icarus (if I ever get it finished… wah!) with dark clothing - just imagine it with jeans and a black turtleneck! - I decided to go with the lighter color for it. I don’t know what the Redwood Forest will be for yet. But I can’t bear to think of having two major lace projects on the needles at once, no matter how many other things I cast on for, and so I’m waiting on that yarn.

Have a good weekend, everyone! And have a happy Easter, or whatever other holiday you celebrate. I will be celebrating here:

Thanksgiving Beach