Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Plotting Along

So, in efforts to jump-start my RS plot, I took a look at Beta links for Holly Lisle’s Create A Plot Clinic. (I would have mentioned the preview sale on here, but Holly asked that we not advertise it so that only those who had been encouraging her through the writing process were able to buy the book early in its raw, unedited form.)

And guess what? It works.

Now, I started with a general idea of what I wanted to do. And I started with characters and background, since this is a sequel. (Well, I didn’t start with the antagonists very fleshed out, and to be honest they’re still pretty vague, but still.)

I didn’t have much more than that. And now, after a few hours with the Create A Plot Clinic (which will probably be in Holly’s e-Store on May 1st), I have the start of a much more detailed plot and some good ideas on ways to get it even more detailed. Yay! Very nice to have this tool.

And this means that I just might be able to get my May goal of plotting, outlining, and starting to write RS by May 30th. And that is a very hopeful thing.

Suzy Profile

Mom, I can’t believe how long it’s been since you had a picture of me up here. Honestly.

In other news, I may not get much done on any of my WIPs that isn’t stolen time for the next few months. (Yeah, I really picked a great time to start my monthly writing goals back up again, didn’t I?)

Why, you ask?

Music Man Logo

Rehearsals started Monday. The show starts late June.

I must be insane.