Friday, June 8, 2007

Friday Fiver & Funky Bits

So, I've been messing around with my template a bit. I've been trying to get the main column to be a fluid width without messing up the graphics. But that's not going to happen. So, instead I am going to use occasional "read more" cuts so that the entire post doesn't clog up the main screen all the time. But in the process of getting this to work, it looks like there's going to be "read more!" tags at the bottom of all of my posts, whether I used that option or not. So all of my back-dated posts are going to have pointless links. Only the ones from today will have anything on them. Sorry about that. I'm learning HTML/XML all on my own at this point, and have no idea if there's a way to fix it. And frankly, I'm a bit annoyed at it right now, so I'm not sure that I care. (Ask me again after I have a chance to relax. I might care then.)

ETA: Thanks to the Hackosphere, I have fixed it so only posts (newer than this one) with summaries have the "Read More" link. Yay!

Friday Fiver: We're simply mad

  1. Are you attracted to the naughty or the nice? ~ Both, depending. Initial attraction is often the naughty because they have (in general) more self-esteem. But long term? The nice, all the way.
  2. Do you let your dirty laundry pile up? ~ Who doesn't? (Read: yes. And don't tell me if you do yours before it has a chance to pile up. I don't want to hear about it.)
  3. What's the last excuse you made? ~ I'm tired. As an excuse for not making much sense in a conversation. Of course, it was more a reason than an excuse, but who's keeping track of that?
  4. Do you play it safe or do you take risks? ~ I usually play it safe. Or, at least I think I'm playing it safe. Sometimes I realize after the fact that I was taking a huge risk and just didn't realize it.
  5. Friday fill-in: Let's go to bed and s....leep. ~ I really do mean sleep. Not other s-verbs that happen in bed. I'm too tired to think about bed + anything else.
Have a great weekend!