Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Writing Wednesday: June Goals

The goals post worked well for May, even if I didn’t get them completed. It did give me something to aim for, and an easy way to sort out priorities. So, we’re doing a goals post for June, too. I’m not going to try to separate writing from non-writing goals this time, however. (I am also going to try to be more realistic.)

    June Goals:
  1. Post the next chapter of SS in the OWG.
  2. Crit every post up in my OWG group, plus those who regularly crit my piece from other groups.
  3. Reach the half-way point on Phoenix’s AD crit.
  4. Get The Music Man onstage.
  5. Finish M’s Tofutsies socks.
  6. Do an initial crit of the first 6 chapters of the Naked Project.
  7. Finish Chart #4 of Icarus.

No writing goals this month, come to think of it. Just editing goals. I need to get those crits off my plate in order to feel like I’ve accomplished what I need to do for other people. I tend to feel guilty when I let things sit too long, and then they don’t get done because I’m berating myself for not doing them.

This looks like a much more believable list than last month. We’ll see at the end of the month, though - and with The Music Man heading into the final stretch (with tech and hell weeks yet to come) it may be all I can do to stay awake all month.