Thursday, August 23, 2007

FO: Icarus Shawl

(FYI: my Thursday Thirteen post is over here. I am going to be moving my blog back to WordPress.)

Icarus Shawl 29

Icarus is done! And it's lovely. Anyone who has wanted to try a Miriam Felton pattern but hasn't should seriously consider it. Not only is the pattern (and the resulting shawl) beautiful, but she's very helpful and offers support every step of the way. But I doubt you want to hear me talking... you'd probably rather see the pictures.

Icarus Shawl 25

Icarus Shawl 22

Icarus Shawl 26

Cast on: January 2007.
Cast off: 21 August 2007.

Knit in KnitPicks Shadow, in the Oregon Coast colorway. Edges beaded with jade chips. I used a 3.25 mm circular bamboo needle (metric knitting needle sizes make more sense, so I'm trying to switch... but that's a US 3) of whatever length Miriam suggested in the pattern... I forget. (Note to self: use a pointier needle for lace next time.)

Icarus Shawl 28

Icarus Shawl 24

I love this pattern. And the way it worked with the yarn and the beads. Love love love.