Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Minis!

The price of freedom of religion, or of speech, or of the press, is that we must put up with a good deal of rubbish.
- Robert Jackson


Mini Sock 01 - Lana Grossa

Isn't is cute! It's a little mini sock on a mini sock-blocker that I got from Felt Up Designs. It's using leftovers of the Lana Grossa that I made the Blood Diamond socks with. I actually used US1 needles instead of the US0's that were called for, mainly because I don't have US0's. And the sock could be a little bulkier, so I might use US2's next time I knit one. I also knit a shorter leg than was called for, because I thought that - using larger needles - I might have too long a sock. Next time I won't worry about that.

Mini Sock 02 - Lana Grossa

And in case you want perspective, here's the sock with Suzy. So you can see just how mini it is. (She also thinks it's yummy. But she likes the metal keychain part better than the sock itself.)

That's what I did last night. I didn't knit the Baby P Blanket at all. Nor did I touch either the MS3 or Icarus. And my Mini Monkeys are patiently waiting until this weekend when they will get to come out and play.

Stitch Markers 06

Over the weekend I also made those stitch markers. They were fun. I think I'm going to swap the ones I've been using on the MS3 for one of the sets of red ones... the ones currently in use are for a size 7-ish needle, while the red set is for the needle I am actually using for the MS3. The other set of red markers and the set of blue markers are slated as gifts, so I won't be using those. But they were still fun to make.

Hope your Tuesday is going well!