The Constitution gives every American the inalienable right to make a damn fool of himself.
- John Ciardi

What’s happening in the Blog-O-Sphere today? Fancy asking that question. I have answers for you!

The Guinea Pigs have stack parking, and are very adorable! Last Friday, Hanna found (and posted pics of) some freakishly painful-looking shoes (along with other cool stuff) and did a review of how to design a good-looking and easy to access webpage.. Charlie and FireWolf and DeeAnn are all sadly MIA. :(

Lesley is being a fangirl. (Twice.) Tiennie does more socks, and Amanda is organizing. Imbrium plays with baby sweater origami, FyberDuck made an uber-cool Pirates hat (for POTC 3 which is released THIS WEEKEND! YAY!), and Wendy has successfully moved to WordPress.

Chris has posted lots of contests and Mayhem (the kitty) pictures, as well as a link to the most distracting Internet site in a long time. Mim has mostly finished Tilia. Holly’s sky looks gross. And last (but not least) for today, PBW considers ending StarDoc.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

In news a little closer to home, here is the current progress on the second Blood Diamond sock:

Blood Diamond Socks 08

Oh, look! The sock is being modeled by an otter. (The hedgehog is on vacation. Maybe he will take pictures while he is gone.)

Blood Diamond Socks 09

I’m into the gusset increases now, and looking forward to having this pair off the needles. Soon. Maybe. (I’m not sure I’ll finish any of the three projects I had wanted to finish this month.) Speaking of those projects, I’m into Chart 4 on Icarus - though I don’t have any new pictures - and have a shot showing the funky striping that happened in my second Tofutsies sock when I changed needle types.

Tofutsies Socks 07

See that? About an inch down from the needles there’s a place where the stripe turned into a square. I have no idea why that happened, but I suspect it was related to me using bamboo dpns instead of the metal circs I had been using. Which is why there are circs in use again.

Have a great Thursday!