Thursday, May 17, 2007

Knitting Update

Okay, so it’s not the most exciting of titles. That’s because I’m tired.

First of all, please remember to go visit my blog party bash! There are as-yet-unbought prizes to be had, so comment, comment, comment.

Second, I promised pictures. Here are pictures.

Icarus Shawl 10
Icarus progress

Icarus Shawl 09
Icarus close-up

The Tofutsies yarn was splitty and annoying at the cast on of this second sock. So I tried pulling out my bamboo dpns and casting on with those.

Tofutsies Socks 05

You can’t tell in this picture, but the dpns - once I got into the instep and far enough away from the short-row toe that my tension relaxed up a bit - caused the striping to be different in the second sock.

Tofutsies Socks 06

See how the stripes are relatively short, and nice and even in the first sock? Well, the stripes got much larger in the second one. (I’ll take a close-up picture later.) So I determined that although I prefer knitting with the Tofutsies yarn on the bamboo needles much better, it would look best if I switched back to my metal circs (Addis) for the matching issue. I have another skein of this yarn; I will use my bamboo dpns for that skein.

I’m tired now, so I’m signing off. Have a great afternoon, everyone!