Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Week 21 ~ Dark Lover

Week 21 ~ May 21-27, 2007

Dark Lover

by JR Ward
(paranormal romance)

Dark Lover is the first in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and is a re-read for me. I still enjoy it after who knows how many reads. (It's one of the books that I can pick up and read a chapter here or there and then put the books down again without finishing it, since I know the story so well. But I can also read it all the way through without getting bored.)

It is a good intro to the world, and if you plan to read the BDB I would highly recommend starting at the beginning. The trickiest part about getting into this series - for me - was the names. (Wrath, Rhage, Phury... the only one that sounds the way I would expect is Darius.) They seem a bit artificial at first. But by this point I am so used to them that I don't think about it anymore.

Anyway. Great book. Probably my favorite in the series, just because everything is still so new in this book. And the multitude of plot threads (which I enjoy reading about ) are still manageably confusing at this point. Plus, it's nice to go for a re-read and get to see the seeds for the other plot threads get started.