Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday Fiver: 5.11.07

Funky funky club on Fairfax Avenue
1. What do you obsess about?

Obsess is a strong word. Do I obsess about anything? I’m not sure. But I’m passionate about music and theatre and the written word. About freedom and rights and morality. About family and love.

And most of all, about hope.

2. What do you do for a living?
I’m a receptionist. I do admin work. Would love to be a novelist for a living, though, and not just an “I write books on the side” type of thing.

3. Where do you call home?
California, baby.

4. Have you lived up to your parents’ expectations?
Every day.

5. Are we more likely to find you in a coffee bar or a nightclub?
Coffee bar, with a notebook (or my laptop) in hand, writing. Unless I’m there with friends, in which case we’ll be the ones nursing a coffee (tea, in my case) for hours, talking and laughing, hogging the cushy chairs if we can manage it.