A good many young writers make the mistake of enclosing a stamped, self-addressed envelope, big enough for the manuscript to come back in. This is too much of a temptation to the editor.
- Ring Lardner

More and more of the people I know are submitting to agents and publishers. This makes me wonder if I should feel left out because my MS isn’t ready yet. I don’t think it should. And I don’t think it does. But I still wonder.

I don’t know when my MS will be ready. I don’t know when *I* will be ready. But neither of us is ready yet.

Jasmine 01

I don’t think I will have RS completely outlined by the end of the month. But I have decided that at the end of the month, outline finished or not, I’m putting RS away temporarily to do a Big Edit on SS. Partly because I’m getting to the point in the OWG where that massive edit will be needed for my crit buddies to be allowed to read the chapters. But also because getting back into the Watchers’ world just might help me work on the second book in the series better. The current plan is to have RS fully outlined and ready for NaNo07. But we’ll see. You never know what will happen in the wild and wacky world of writing.

Jasmine 02

In non-writing news, we have contest winners! Yay! Here are the winners:

Sian
Amanda
goddesssaint

Please drop me an e-mail to ca bookwyrm gmail com with your mailing address, and I’ll see what kind of prizy goodness to get in the mail to you. Yay! Winning things is fun!

Birthdays are fun, too. M brought me flowers on my lunch break, and then took me out for dinner. C had me over in the evening for a birthday It’s It. (Yummy chocolaty and ice cream goodness!) In general a very good and peaceful day.

Me by Jasmine