Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Writing Wednesdays & Posting Schedule

So, I have been posting about knitting fairly often lately. And I have been posting about cats often too. But I have not been posting so often about my writing.

This could in part be because my work is taking up more of my time than it had been. Or because I am a slacker. Or because it’s That Time Of Month when everything productive that doesn’t involve house-cleaning (aka Nesting) gets set aside due to minor depressions. Or something else.

But for whatever reason, I have not been posting about writing as often as I should.

So.

To rectify that, I am going to (try to) start up a posting schedule. For ease of remembering, I will be posting writing stuff on Wednesdays. Yay alliteration! I will likely be updating the 52 weeks of books stuff on Tuesdays, though that’s very flexible. Monday is probably for cat pictures, since I’ll have had all weekend to take them. Though that is flexible, too. Fridays are for the Friday Fiver. And that’s as organized as I’m getting for the moment.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Current progress and goals:

RS is in process of being plotted. I am currently working through Holly Lisle’s Create A Plot Clinic with it when I can take the time from work. Once I get an outline plotted up, I will post a progress bar in my sidebar and start writing.

My OWG post is not yet up, but I plan to do that by Friday.

I have not yet started my OWG critiques, but I will do those soon too.

I am still working on the crit of AD I’ve promised Phoenix (who is still sadly absent from her blog). I’m doing it on paper, and have mailed the first few chapters to her, redlined, so I feel that I’m making some progress. Hopefully she’ll get the packet soon and be able to tell me if the format I’m using works for her.

And this month I need to re-read all of the “Naked Project” posts in the OWG (must be a member of Kelley’s OWG to follow the link, sorry) and then write a conclusion to it. Yay me! I get to tie up all of the loose ends. I just hope the other writers didn’t throw too much at me at once, or I’ll have to write a super-long chapter to finish it.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

I’ll close with a cute kitty pic…

In The Sink 02
Save the best for last. Good idea, Mom.